It’s the time of year when we are all starting to winterize our homes and our automobiles. Please remember to handle antifreeze safely so that you don’t expose pets or wild animals to this fatal chemical. Antifreeze can be poisonous in very small amounts, and animals love the sweet taste. Ingestion of antifreeze causes kidney failure and leads to a very painful death if treatment is not initiated immediately. Click on the following link for more information:
If you suspect that your pet has ingested antifreeze, call your veterinarian immediately. The best chance of recovery occurs in pets that have received treatment within one hour of ingesting the antifreeze.